20 things I've never said. .
Recently, I came across a book titled "I am Nobody's Nigger" by Dean Atta. One of the very first poems was called Forty Things I've Never Said. In this poem the author describes things he had never said out loud. I began to think of things I was too afraid to say. What things have a pushed deep down inside? Reading this poem I found myself emotional because I too have suppressed my thoughts, emotions, and feelings. I sat down and came up with a list too.
1. You're doing just fine
2. Just because you took longer than others doesn't mean you failed
3. Wisconsin wasn't your timing; you have still accomplished a lot
4. I have no idea what I am doing
5. Stop settling, you DESERVE better
6. You are worthy of healthy friendships/ relationships
7. I am tired of picking up after you
8. I wish you never left me; I still long for that sister relationship
9. I'm proud of you
10. I believe in you
11. Its not the end of the world
12. Lighten up!
13.You can do this
14. I hope she breaks your heart
15. Let yourself be flawed
16.You do not know me as well as you think you do
17. I am enough
18. I'm afraid
19. I miss you
20. My happiness matters
I challenge you to take some time alone and do the same. You'd be surprise the thoughts, feelings, and experiences you have not faced. Afterwards, you may even feel a weight lifted off your shoulders.